Friday, September 1, 2017

Tahiti - Week 14

TO LIE OR NOT TO LIE?
...it's really not a question.


^^I can't help but wonder what Mickey is pointing at.^^





Funny story. 
Elder Gary Stevenson came to visit the missionaries this week!

We got up early, and planned to go into town to get breakfast at McDonalds before going to the conference, but then Sr. Larsen ended up taking us an hour later than we had planned on. (she is our driver) ... we thought we still had enough time to go through the drive thru, but then when the exit came for McDonalds, she quickly blurted out to see if anyone wanted to go without giving enough time to see what we'd say. 

We didn't stop - I ended up going hungry most of the day.

when we got to the conference, an elder asked me what my name was, so I went to show him my tag, and realized I had forgotten it. Woopsies.  ...another elder gave me one of his extras (Elder Blater) hah 

We went to take pictures with Gary Stevenson right before the meeting when we were told that we'd be shaking his hand, and I knew I had to get a sisters name tag! -I went to Sr. Mendenhall and of course she had an extra. (I normally do too, but I had already forgotten my name tag another time earlier in the week, and had used it)

When we went to shake hands with Elder Stevenson, Sr. Mendenhall was only about 4 people ahead of me, so when he got to me and read the tag he said "Another Mendenhall? You HAVE to be related.." -You can't lie to an apostle, so I explained that I had forgotten it, and he just laughed a little and said that it happens. 

Once the conference started, I found myself in the very front row, directly center with the podium... Elder Stevenson was very interactive and asked us a lot of questions. I responded to one question, just under my breath when he came over to me and looked at my tag and said "Now, are you Sr. Mendenhall?" and I explained to him that I was the borrower and that my name was Sr. Wright. He told everyone that "Even Sister Wright knows that when we forget our name tags, we still wear one.." he asked me for the answer to my question, and when I responded, he had me stand up so everyone could see me and repeat the answer.. he laughed a little bit and said it was okay, because an elder did the same thing. 

I was so embarrassed.  ...of all the days I could forget my plaque, it had to be that day... My oh my..


Elder Stevenson talked about extending commitments to people and missionary work.  
The most important part of missionary work is inviting people to act on their testimony





Last night we got a call from our AP (assistant to the president) 
asking if I could come in and learn how to drive Manual car.
We went in and I took a driving test and what not (I already know how to drive Manual) - that just means I'll probably be put into a car sector.
  It was the first time in 5 1/2 months that I've driven. ...It was strange.


^^Sr. Dumouchel Selfie.. (My companion is awesome)^^
Another companion who loves selfies - no wonder Mickey gets along well with her. 
A match made in Heaven. Literally! haha

Mickey said the hardest part of the week was that Marie-ange cancelled her baptism. Sad! Mickey said that she ended up getting back together with her boyfriend and is drinking alcohol all the time and smokes 50 or more cigarettes a day. It breaks my heart. I have high hopes for her.  
Mickey said it is very common for people to smoke in Tahiti and that a lot of people there start smoking at about age 6. In Hitimahahna, most 14 years olds smoke together just for fun. Are you kidding me??!!  So sad!



^^This is the strangest food Mickey at this week. It looks like a cross between a cricket and a cockroach. NASTY! She said, "It's better than lobster. I guess.

Everyone in our sector knows that I don't like seafood now, so I get away with not eating a lot of things."  
...this is the alternative to seafood? I think I'd take the seafood, personally. 




^^This is just a house down our street.. haha I think it's the funniest thing.^^


^^MICKEY!!^^

Mickey said it was a typical mission week. Her favorite part was Elder Stevenson visiting.
She is doing SOO GOOD this week.
Bless her heart!
Keep praying for her and the work.
♥♥



No comments:

Post a Comment