Monday, May 8, 2017

Letter - Week 7


Sœur Wright's letter home this week was pretty short due to it being pretty "uneventful".  But, that's okay because on Monday, we were able to talk to her on the phone - which was SO MUCH BETTER than a letter! Being able to hear her voice was like Heaven - even if she was on laughing gas! haha.    I won't repeat some of the things she said - but know she made us laugh! She had a filling break and was at the dentist to get it repaired. The nurse let us talk with her for a quick few minutes. This was such a tender mercy! No worries, though! Mickey is doing just fine and is all fixed up ready to go to Tahiti! A blessing was that her Branch President is a dentist - so he was able to help her free of charge. Also, when it was said and done, Sister Wright was able to have Cafe Rio for dinner! I'm sure it made her day - she loves Cafe Rio!

Another fun thing this week - Sœur Wright was able to meet an Elder at the MTC that was actually from Tahiti - he gave Mickey a shell necklace straight from Tahiti! She couldn't have been more excited! She actually said, "I could have died. It's all I've wanted. I can die a happy woman. Also, I can go home now, however, I won't...I'm SO pumped to go [to Tahiti]." Below is a picture of the kind Elder and another picture of Sœur Wright wearing the shell necklace.
^^This is the Tahitian Elder that gave Sœur Wright a shell necklace (he is now serving in Australia!) ^^
^^This is the shell necklace^^


Sœur Wright has obviously been studying the gospel a lot. This week, we were excited to find out that we both had been inspired to study the exact same topic at the same time!

"Do you believe IN Christ or do you BELIEVE Christ?"

It was fun to see each other's perspective on the topic and was another testament that when we pray for guidance, God listens and directs us through the Spirit. ...another tender mercy! We are so blessed.

Read on for this weeks letter from Sœur Wright...



IOARANA! - J'ai commencé Te Reo TAHITI! 

I AM GOING TO TAHITI IN T-17. No joke. 

I am now able to leg press 400 lbs. (FINALLY) it only took a lot of effort these last few weeks, and I've also gained 9 lbs. ... Tahitian Missionary Quota= 5-15 Kilo, and I've already made 5. (No worries, my dresses still fit me!)


I HAVE A NEW COMPANION! Sœur Robinson and I are in a Trio now with Sœur Hosea! She is going to the New York, New York South Mission speaking Haitian Kreyol. She's a PRO piano player, and Sœur Robinson and I definitely take advantage of that, and sing with her every chance we get. 


I hosted again this Wednesday, and I got a sunburn from being outside for 45 minutes. - That's right, a SUNBURN. We're pretty sure God called me to Tahiti just to see how red he could make me naturally..  I like the feeling though. People keep asking me how I got so tan from being inside all day.. Not a tan, just a burn.

Elder Rasband spoke with us on Tuesday! (TWO apostles in 1 month) Here are a few of my notes:
"It takes a long time to grown an apostle. It takes a long time to grow a son or daughter of God! - Be patient" -Melanie Rasband (wife)
"Remember to be BRAVE enough to follow the promptings of the spirit." 
"Never be afraid to ask questions or to share your testimony!" 
"Heed the promptings of the spirit right when you receive them!"
"Let the Lord know you're ready to receive promptings!"
"Failure isn't messing up, it's giving up!" 
Our Apostles are called of God. I am grateful for their love, and righteous examples. ♥ 

Oh, Tahitian is TOP! (French for REALLY COOL!) On Saturday we had one 4-hour block of Tahitian and I thought my brain was going to FRY, but then we had a 4-hour block of French right after and I felt so relieved. I feel pretty confident with my French know-how now. I can't complain. 
Fun Fact: Tahitian is phonetic.. so, pronounce every single letter, and that is probably how to say it. (PS: don't forget that B=P's L=R's and any letter that is not a in the Tahitian alphabet is pronounced like a "T.") (Pss: I believe in you) 
Fun Fact #2: Tahitian is a command language. They don't ask for things, they don't say please, and they don't have an apologetic word. -- You're not allowed to mess up, EVER. 

Window = Faahaamaramaramara'a 
Repent = Tatarahapa
Awesome! = Nave!
Yes = *raising eyebrows* 

Yes. I will speak Tahitian when I get home. Mainly because it's Nave..


♥Je t'aime = Ua here au ia oe! ♥

Abientôt = Na Na! 

Keep smiling!
♥/Tuahine Wright



No comments:

Post a Comment