Monday, June 26, 2017

Tahiti - Week 4


Sister Wright didn't write a letter this week, but for documentation and update purposes, I'm sharing what she told me. She did, however send a lot of photos - which are always fun!
*BTW, Sorry this is getting out so late, we were out of town and never by a computer.

Week 4 was a little hard for Sœur Wright as most of the sisters in her house were ill with Bronchitis.  Luckily, Mickey was taking a lot of EmergenC and said, "I don't have a voice today, but I don't feel super sick, so I count that as a blessing. ...a little later, she said, "I am pretty sure it's an ear infection and a really sore throat." She was just trying to stop it before it got worse. She has been learning how to take care of her body on the mission. 


Mickey LOVES her toilet seat!
She like her bike! A lot...and so does everyone else in Tahiti. People stare at it and compliment on it every chance they get. 


^^Stingrays^^

Mickey broke another filling in her tooth while flossing and she heard it pop and felt a lot pressure. It hurt pretty bad so she was hopefully going to go to the dentist this past week. She was a little nervous because she doesn't like the dentist anyway...and now to go in a 3rd world country, she wasn't quite sure how she felt about that. 


Mickey's biggest blessing:
"I had my best day on the mission this week. Not because anything special happened, but because it was a REAL day. I am serving real people, with real problems and real feelings. I love that I am here to share the love of Christ with them, to show them that there is hope."

^^Laina went back to Marques where she lives. Mickey was sad, because she really looked forward to being with her. "That is the day I learned the importance of embracing the moments you do have."

Most challenging thing of the week:
"I really missed home this week. :( I love it here, and I wouldn't trade what I am learning, but I do miss family. I cried more this week than last."


"Oh, I fell off my bike..I tipped over. ...first time for everything. I only hope that is as bad as it gets."

Funniest thing:
"Well, here in Tahiti, we have enough chickens, dogs, children and bugs to fill all of America, and they're always in the road. One particular morning, I went running with a few sisters in my house and a chicken was hit by a car that wasn't even going very fast. It made a really loud thump and feathers flew everywhere. We all shrieked, and when the car passed, we saw a man standing on the other side of the road laughing at us! I am pretty sure we made his week."


"Sr. Teahu is a funny lady, let me tell ya. She has enough sass to last a life time. I just love walking on the streets with her and talking about life, (that is where I practice the most French)."


"I saw SO many beautiful things this week! I found out we have a beach literally 2 minutes away (walking) and I run to a different beach in the mornings. So its awesome that I can see the sunrise and the sunset all in the same day, no more than 10 minutes away from me." 



Moment I felt the Spirit most:
"I was in a lesson with our recent converts, and I could tell they weren't getting along. The Spirit just told me to ask them what they loved about each other, and it was honestly the strongest I have felt the Spirit in a while. -Isn't that the reason doe all of this? -LOVE?  It had nothing to do with the lesson, but it lead to a great discussion that needed to happen."


"I learned that I am a busy bee. (I knew that before) but I really hate it when we aren't super busy especially because that is how I think missionaries should be, but Tahitians are much slower paced."


"I eat so many different kinds of fish...and in random ways. - No worries, I still don't like fish."


"I learn something new every day, but my biggest lesson this week was just to love the moment."


"You gave me a letter at the airport that I decided to read on one of my hardest days (Thursday) and you said something about not dwelling on my trials. I really leaned on that." 


"I have gained a solid 15 pounds. All the biking and the carbs are what's getting me. I had 3 lunches on Saturday. THREE!"


"On the hard days, I just tell myself, 'How bad can it be, I'm in Tahiti.' "


"...also, I didn't know how good the cakes are in our family until I got here and the people said their's are the best.....WRONG. You make some GOOD cake."

"Big hugs and kisses for everyone"
"Be safe this week."

Je vous aime. ♥





No comments:

Post a Comment