Saturday, July 22, 2017

Tahiti - Week 8

8 WEEKS
 ...AND BUSY AS A BEE


Ahhh, SO SO SO busy this week. Literally, non stop! While Sr. Teahu
and I were biking this week, she mumbled something to me in French,
(when people talk in French, I still have to focus on what they're
saying) so I had her repeat a little louder and she was (in all
seriousness) asking if I had repented of a major sin because we've had
so much success. I about DIED! Things just worked out in our favor all
week!

...I asked Mickey to tell me about some of the stories about her investigators. She told me about a man named Heimana that they pass everyday but until last week have never really talked to. Mickey told Sr.Teahu that she wanted to talk to him. They did and he was actually interested in taking the missionary lessons!! He claims to be Protestant but she said he literally knows nothing about the gospel. Pray for him. 

She also told me about another miracle - Mariorange. She is 20 years old and has taken the missionary lessons before, multiple times. She's always given the missionaries a hard time until Mickey got to the mission...or so she hears. This past week, Mariorange told Mickey and Sr. Teahu that she's ready to be baptized!!  Her whole family are members - converts. Her dad has strongly urged her to get baptized and she's always refused until now!!  They will pick a baptism date this week. Such a special moment!!  Mickey is doing amazing work by being God's hands. We are SO PROUD of her, despite her mission being such a difficult experience thus far. But, it's the hard moments that make us better and Mickey was already quite the gem in our eyes. ♥ As you can tell from the photo below, she already shines so bright! Isn't her countenance just gorgeous?! 


ALSO! the blessings are there, sometimes all we have to do is ask for
them! We were informed that we were having interviews with president
Fox this week, (with an already crazy schedule) so I blurted out
(jokingly) to heavenly Father, to bless us with interviews on Friday,
because that was the only day we could change our appointments, and we
later found out that we were indeed having interviews on Friday!

...on a side note, Mickey told me a bit about her Interview. It was short, only about 5 minutes and then President Fox offered her a blessing. She said it was the sweetest blessing she has ever received. She said he is really gentle and loving which is exactly what she needs. Please continue to pray for her.  She tries her best every day but still feels a bit stuck in knowing the language. 
 
I've learned even more so on my mission that I like things to be clean.



I received my first piece of mail in Tahiti!!!! It is from the Wardle
family, and I must say, that I am SO thankful for you and the sweet
notes you shared. ♥

...BTW: we have sent Mickey a couple packages - they take FOREVER!! We sent her first package 7 weeks ago and she STILL hasn't received it!! It was 4.2 pounds and cost us over $65.00 (yes, that was just shipping costs and not including the contents of the package). My advice: if you want to send her things - make sure it can fit in a small envelope - even if you have to mail several. The envelope can't be larger than 1/4" thick though. But, they seem to make it to her easier. 


We did weekly planning on the Beach this week, unfortunately with the
"French holiday" there were tons of tourists, so it was kind of noisy.
But on the bright side, I realized that I can hear the waves from my
house!! so every night I lay in bed and listen.. ♥


I got my new name plaque!!! (: AHHHHHHHH this means I really need to
start focusing on the Tahitian..


I guess you could say that I'm like an islander now, because 
I CARVED THAT TIKI!!!!!! SO COOL.



Mickey said she LOVED making her tiki. She spent the last two years working with Uncle Brad in his shop and she said she felt right at home with the loud sanders and all the tools. I'm not at all surprised that her tiki turned out so well! I love it! I hope she is planning on teaching us how to make them once she returns home! haha


We went hiking this week!! So cool! we found star a star fruit tree,
and we even got to pick some, and wash them in the river.





oh, I also realized that I haven't sent you a picture of the bananier
(banana tree) yet. I see them all the time, literally. I think we have
43 just on our street, but I remember it being SO cool the first time
I saw it, so I thought I'd share. (:


Mickey was starting to get sick again this past week. So sad! She said her Mission President's wife told a story of when her son served his mission, he only got sick once. Unfortunately, it lasted his entire mission. Mickey said she thinks the same thing is happening to her. Every time she thinks she is getting better, she wakes up with a different symptom. She said she wishes she could have a spa day. Please pray for her good health  - mental and physical. It just breaks my heart to hear of her struggles. I know she will have the experiences the Lord wants her to in order to make her the person He sees her as, but miracles happen. Let's help her. Thank you. So much.

...until next time, 
Aunt Jess ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment