Sunday, August 27, 2017

Tahiti - Week 12

NEW HELLO'S
aka: Transfers


On Wednesday, the mission received 30 new incoming missionaries which meant Thursday was transfer calls. Luckily, Mickey was able to stay in her sector like she wanted to, but she had to say goodbye to Sr. Teahu today. Only Mickey and Sr. Larsen stayed.

"I got a new companion today. Literally, like an hour ago. Her name is Sr. Dumouchel. (:
She's from Canada. I think we'll be great friends.  
She grew up speaking English but she speaks pretty good French. 
She's been out 10 months.
I really like her."


"On a positive note, I haven't gained any more weight since the MTC. I was weighed last week."

 ^^Mickey's ward building^^

 ^^Ahh...apparently Mickey misses Abbie^^

 ^^Mickey and Sr. Mendenhall^^

^^With Sr. Teahu transferring out, Mickey was able to switch beds. This side has more room for pictures and letters on her wall which she is excited about!^^


"I had an allergic reaction to the coconut I ate last week
...which explained why my skin was so bad last week. I also got food poisoning. 
WAHOO 
..but, I'm great!  Life is good. 
I went to the Doctor and I feel great today!"


 ^^Purple ice cream? Yes!! ^^
"I LOVE Taro Ice Cream! It's probably my favorite treat."

^^This is the Brother and Sister who have been teaching Mickey how to carve wood. 
She loves them so much!^^ 

 ^^Mickey received her first package in the mail from us this week!!^^  
Haha - just a heads up - in case you want to send her anything. It's a process so send early! 
We've sent two others before the above package that she hasn't even received yet. 


Mickey has been studying SO much and has really been trying to learn FROM the Lord. I love that she is not afraid to ask for trials because she knows it will make her a stronger person! She continually amazes me and growth is always happening with her. 

I can honestly say that the biggest thing I learned this week is the importance of loving me. It's such a blessing that I am serving in an area where I don't really have people comparing others.
It's nice that I don't get to wear tons of make-up, or have to dress nice.
--I'm learning to be comfortable with me."


"I'm trying to read the Book of Mormon by the 1st of September. (that is Sr. Garbutt's birthday and she set a goal to read it by then, so I'm doing it with her) but the time is coming fast so we'll see."

 ^^Mickey thought all the guys in the family would appreciate this pic. She said literally like everytime they use the microwave, they have to go "flip the switch" because the power is tripped. haha ^^

 ^^"Heiva"^^
Funniest moment of the week:
"We were at Heiva  (dance concert thingy) and started to smell a really stinky something or other (like poop) and the girl next to me asked what it was, so I told her it was probably the little boy next to us...she waited for a minute then responded by saying it was probably the mami (old woman) behind us! I about died.


When I asked Mickey who helped her the most this week, she responded with:
"God helped me the most this week.
If not, it was Sr. Maeva. She's in our ward and literally does anything for anyone. It makes me feel bad sometimes to ask her for things because I know she'll do it...but she was so helpful this week and took me to the doctor. I'm the closest with her and Maman Gobrait."
Best moment of the week:
"I got my first Tahitian pearl from a member in our ward. ♥ She is so sweet!"


Best moment of the week:
"I got my first Tahitian pearl from a member in our ward. ♥ She is so sweet!
It's special to get a pearls from people because it's Tahitian...they're Tahitian, giving you a piece of their lives.  It's on a bracelet. So simple...but it's sweet and special."



No comments:

Post a Comment