Saturday, April 22, 2017

Letter - Week 5



 Don't you just love Spring time?! Look at all the beautiful flowers! 


I love that Mickey chose to take this tag picture with the vibrant colors of the tulips because it reminds me of her outgoing, beautiful personality. I miss her. SO. MUCH!  That said, I am also enjoying the opportunity our family has to follow Sœur Wright in her mission experience! She is already changing. I can see it. I can feel it. There is an increasing power in each letter she sends home as she bares testimony of the gospel. My heart swells with gratitude as fellow missionaries in the MTC send me videos of her powerfully expressing that testimony in song with Sœur Robinson. It's truly powerful and I feel the Spirit every. single. time.  I honestly feel blessed to be on this journey with her. As a family, we have already been experiencing missionary opportunities alongside her and I feel we are growing together. Mickey and I have grown even closer to one another since she has been in the MTC. Just this week we were talking about serving others. If you want to love a person more - serve them.  As I have served Mickey and supported her through her ups and downs, I have been blessed to feel how the Lord feels for us. He hurts when we hurt. He is happy when we are happy. Just as my love for Mickey is overwhelmingly unconditional, so is the Lord's for us.  Through this experience, I have been blessed to again feel what true charity can do for one's heart. Our family has experienced a number of tender mercies since Mickey has been in the MTC and that is not just by mere coincidence. This gospel is true. God is real. God knows us. He loves us -that I know. I give you the challenge to find a way to be a missionary this week. Give it your all so you can feel God's hand in your life. When you do, you will feel true charity and God's overwhelming unconditional love for you! Only then, can you find true happiness as this gorgeous girl below has! :) ...


Below is Sœur Wright's mass email. It is short. So I will share some additional experiences she told us in our personal letter at the bottom of her letter.  




Bonjour mes amies et ma Famille! ♥
Sœur Robinson and I were able to sing in Sacrament meeting this past Sunday! I definitely feel the spirit best through music, and it's good because my companion sings a lot. While we were singing I could see so many tears in people's eyes and it took everything in me not to go up and hug them all!! -I am keeping count of all the hugs I need when I get home, so everyone best be prepared to hug me! (:

Apparently we did such a good job that we were nominated to sing the musical number for the MTC devotional this coming Sunday. (NO WAY!) A sister came up to us last night and told us she needed us to sing on Sunday for the Devotional and handed us the sheet music to Come Thou Fount! Luckily, We couldn't be more excited and honored to do so, but unfortunately Sœur Robinson woke up with a Sinus infection! -I ask for your prayers that she will be better by Sunday. ♥


I am LOVING learning French!! I learn more every day, and I even surprise myself with how much I can understand. (: 


My teachers say that Tahiti is literally a mission in Paradise. -Also, all of the Senior Couples tell us that we couldn't have asked for a better mission destination. -I am getting more excited by the day. ♥


Je T'aime Beaucoup! ♥
Keep Smiling
Abientôt!

♥/Sœur Wright


TIDBITS FROM OUR FAMILY'S PERSONAL LETTER:

"Sunday devotionals are one of the highlights of my Sundays. For Easter Sunday, we had a couple very special visitiors. ...Dallin H. Oaks, his wife, Kirsten and Sherri Dew. Before our devos, we sing for like 15 minutes (which I love!). We opened with "I Believe in Christ" and you best believe I was feeling the Spirit. We proceeded to the opening hymn: "All Creatures of our God and King" AND THEN we had a musical number...have faith, have hope, live like His Son, help others on their way...Knowing that Dallin H. Oaks was to be speaking, plus one of my favorite primary songs, plus Easter made me very happy. I honestly cannot think of a better place to be. I have Christ's name on my chest, the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, and I am literally preparing myself to do the Lord's work full time! So cool.

His wife, Kirsten spoke first and made a few comments that really hit home. They being: "He sent His Son." (Relate to the Primary Hymn) God sent his son. ...now, Brad and Jess - how many things in the world would be worth giving up one of your children? I don't think there are many - that just shows you how important we are to our Heavenly Father. But think of it this way. (I know you consider me to be one of your children, so it works.) 
YOU sent ME. You sent me. To continue the work of God and you will send more! God is worth sending your children for, so we can be together for an Eternity! Earth is only a short amount of time in the grand scheme of things and so is a mission! :)

Next, she shared the importance of The Living Christ. Read it often as a family and the truth that God sent His Son should never waver in our testimonies. 

Dallin H. Oaks: 'Our message is increasingly unique.' 'Be not faithless, but believing.'

I love being an STL!! The girls in my zone love Sœur Robinson and me! We do our best to reach out to them to feel loved! I have a sincere love for every girl here. I testify that you cannot not love those you serve! If you even have a bit of animosity toward someone, do something to serve them.


Funny story of the week:
"Do you know in Finding Nemo, where Marlin and Dory are lost, looking for Nemo, and they ask the fish for directions...and because Marlin asks in a grumpy tone, the fish reply in a grumpy tone by saying, "blah blah blah blah..." well, in the temple video we watched last week, I saw fish that looked just like those fish, so I randomly blurted out, "blah blah blah blah..." just like it does in Nemo...let me tell ya, everyone thought it was the most sacreligious thing I have ever done.  I felt so bad. Literally all I was trying to do was quote a movie, but at the wrong moment."
...timing is everything. 

Well, that's all for this week!

Remember to pray for Sister Robinson!
Please!

♡Aunt Jess♡



No comments:

Post a Comment