Saturday, April 8, 2017

Letter - Week 3


YAY!!

BLESSINGS  have been poured out upon Sister Wright!

Another week has gone by and Sister Wright is doing SO GOOD!! ;)   She has a new and improved attitude about her work and we feel like she is on fire! All of our prayers have been assisting her and she is becoming proof that the gift of tongues is real. She KNOWS it. The gift of understanding is real. It's amazing what the Lord will do for those who have his will at heart. Sister Wright is truly being blessed and is now "SO HAPPY" in the MTC.

PHEW!!  Now I can stop worrying so much about how she's doing! Mickey's over the hardest part and has found purpose. ...She will be just fine! :)

One thing is for sure, we are SO PROUD of this special missionary we call Mickey!

Read on to learn about Mickey's week!


WHAAAAAT? - Week 3? -NO WAY.


I love it here. 

I could finish with that, but you know me.. I won't. 

this week, I learned the importance of KEEPING IT SIMPLE. - I am an over-thinking, stressed, and complicating person. I always over-complicate EVERYTHING. -which isn't bad, I guess.. but when you're teaching people things, it can make things a little more confusing.  -I obviously don't speak french fluently yet, and my vocabulary is very basic, so I have no choice but to keep things simple! -I love this!  Our teacher noticed that everyone in my class knows quite a bit about the gospel  (which is a surprise because I didn't think I knew anything about it) and a reason we are called to preach the gospel in a new language is so that we can remember to keep it simple! We don't need to go around complicating things in English, so instead, that option was revoked.. haha
It's been a rough week for my district. - I honestly wouldn't expect anything less though. there are 8 of us, all together, all the time. Class, meals, housing, study time. ALL DAY. So after a companionship of the elders blew up yesterday (metaphorically speaking) (they were angry), our teacher had us all go around and share the things we love about one another! ♥ I love my district. We all have so many qualities that make us a family, and help us build each other up! A few things that were mentioned about me included my COMPLETE change in attitude since day one! My teachers didn't know how they were going to be able to help me, mainly because it is a personal choice to be here. - I mentioned that I am here because I LOVE this gospel!! -And they can all see it now. They know I am here for a reason, and I am giving it my all! I have put in every effort to learn this language, and every single one of the missionaries in my district is impressed that I am caught up to all of them in my French know-how, and they all had a 3 year head start. Elder Davis (DL) said.. "I know exactly why you were called to learn 2 languages. So you can share the gospel with as many people possible!" ♥♥♥ the more languages you know, the more people you can talk to! HOW AWESOME IS THAT! - of all the missions, I was called to the 1 that learns 2! ♥ I have such a great ability to learn because I WANT to. It's all in our desires. 

I love the MTC. I love feeling the Spirit ALL the time! It's hard not to. (: 

Je T'aime! 
-Sœur Wright ♥


A SPECIAL TREAT! ...Micky sent us a video of her and Sister Robinson singing a "Child's Prayer".  I can't post it because the file is too large, but if you have ever heard Mickey sing, you KNOW it was beautiful! I literally felt the Spirit ju st listening to them sing. 


...a few extras from our personal letter and emails this week: *note: her letter to us was very tender and I cried tears of Gratitude for the special place this girl has taken up in our lives. Why we were blessed to have her in our home and lives constantly for the past 2 years is beyond me, but we feel SO grateful for the experience and KNOW she was absolutely in our home for a purpose. WE wI'll keep out the pages of "mushy" stuff, but below are a few fun things she didn't write in the group email. 

"I am grateful for all of the love and support you have shown me through this experience of going on a mission. I can truthfully say that I have been tested to my breaking point, where I think I can't be any weaker and God still continues to test me, right before he show me countless blessing and helps me back onto my feet."

Mickey's Favorite General Conference Talk:
"President Eyring - God is our literal Father in Heaven."
"I had such a good Conference. I love General Conference! I love our prophet, Thomas S. Monson and I fully sustain him. And our apostles!"

"Coolest thing about the MTC: I feel the Spirit ALL the time. I don't even know when I'm really feeling the Spirit anymore, because it's all the time."

"Keep sending SO MUCH MAIL. It reminds me that I have you guys and you're a large reason of why I'm here. I love your support. I love knowing how much love you have for me." 

"OH !!! I was a host this week! It's where you get to host all of the new missionaries that are coming in! CRAZY!!!-  so many babbling moms, tears and luggage every where.  ...this coming week, we get to host again! -we are getting 28 new missionaries in our zone! can you believe that???? - THATS A LOT OF Frenchies! (People learning french)  I hear at least 6 of them are going to Tahiti!!! SO COOL!!!!!!! (: I can't wait to meet them all."

"We have 2 devotionals a week.. one on Sunday evening, and one on Tuesday evening... :) we heard from BYU vocal point! - our schedule is crazy busy all the time... ALL THE TIME."

"FUNNY THING: I'll be in class sometimes or at devotionals and I'll point to a set of missionaries and say, 'Oh my gosh! the missionaries!!!' - it's not even real...every time I see Christ's name on my heart, I get so excited, knowing I am doing his work. People always say that one of the hardest days of their life was the day they had to take off the badge. I seriously hope my love for this Gospel and this work continues to grow so strong that when my time comes to take off the badge, it will be the hardest day of my life."  

There you have it! I am already excited to see what happens for Sister Wright this coming week! Keep praying for her - you guys have been great and we appreciate you stepping up to help her the past couple of weeks. Pray is REAL! God is aware of us and wants to help. This week is PROOF that He is a loving God and takes care of our needs - sometimes we just have to hang in there - but like Mickey, in the end, we win. We become stronger through the trials of our faith and and we realize he truly loves us. This gospel is true and it's so fun to see Mickey experience what it has to offer our souls when we are true to it! She is becoming a beautiful (inside and out!) woman. ♡♡

No comments:

Post a Comment