Friday, April 14, 2017

Letter - Week 4!

Can you believe Sister Wright is already almost half way through the MTC??  It's starting to go by faster now and she is doing well!  She says the days are LONG but strangely enough, the week passes quickly.  One fun thing about Sister Wright this week is that she and her companion, Sister Robinson were called into the Branch Presidents office and asked to be Sister Training Leaders! Anyone who knows Mickey knows she is a leader, so we're not at all surprised! She said they usually call the outgoing ones. That would be her as well.  She will do a fantastic job!  Something Mickey does that melts my heart every week is addressing our letters Ma Famille or My Family. She really is part of our family and we continually feel blessed she has chosen us to go on this journey alongside her. We are already receiving missionary opportunities through her and it's so exciting! The Lord is so good! Below are a few remarks Sister Wright wrote in our personal family letter I thought you might like:

I'm going to be a PRO-Volleyball player when I leave the MTC!

Everyone in the MTC thinks I'm funny. It makes me happy!

As a sister training leader, it is our job to host new missionaries into our zone. It is SO fun! this week we got 28 new missionaries.. which is a lot. We have the biggest zone in the MTC! (: on an average, 100-300 missionaries enter the MTC every week. (: Last week we had 120, and this week there were 180! CRAZY! can you believe that? there are like 900 missionaries here right now. maybe even more, I dunno. 
Last week I hosted two sisters who are both going State side, and this week I only hosted 1 sister from New Zealand. --I only had one sister this week because we had a LOT to do. When a missionary comes from out of the country, we have to get them X-rays, make sure they have a Visa, scan their passport, make sure they have all the clothes they need, get them set up with their tablet, and tell them all about the MTC. I literally gave her a tour of the MTC. It was a lot of fun!
I love hosting because talking to new people is my specialty...and I could tell she was super nervous, and I loved comforting her. 

A bunch of girls in our district got sick this week, and I had all the medications to heal them...haha I am practically a doctor. (; Also, I Cannot wait to be a mom, so I can care for people all the time. I love to take care of people. I think that's why I've always wanted to go into the medical field, but I've noticed that all I really want is to take care of my family. ♥

Sister Robinson and I taught a Relief Society lesson on the Apostasy and Restoration. It was really cool that we (as a family) were able to go to the Liberty and Carthage Jails, where I peaked an interest in Joseph Smith. ...Joseph Smith is AWESOME! I can honestly say, I did not have a full testimony of Joseph Smith before this weekend, but I do now. I KNOW that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. He was called to restore the Gospel by our Savior himself. I know he was humble, meek and submissive as a child (14 yo) with the willingness and desire to know the truth. He was given the authority to translate the Book of Mormon! Le Livre De Mormon sais vrai! (The Book of Mormon is True) I am a burning witness of this divine truth and I challenge each of you to study and ponder for yourself to know in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 


Week 4 Letter from Sister Wright:


4, Already? There's no way. 
In the MTC we (my companion and I) give our teachers (as investigators) the missionary lessons in French! Well, every week I learn something new from the lessons we teach and this week I learned that it's okay to let the Spirit testify. We prepare our lesson before we go, and when we arrive to the lesson, we are supposed to follow the spirit. As the lesson began, I noticed that Sœur Robinson was talking a whole lot more than I was, and I felt GUILTY! I didn't want her to feel like I wasn't participating, it's just that I couldn't think of ANYTHING to say. So what do I do?... I start to talk, and naturally I couldn't remember any French. Not one thing. We went on a good 85% of the lesson and the only thing I said in French was the prayer. Finally, the time came where S.R. invited our ami de l'Église (investigator -Literal translation: friend of the Church) to pray to know the truthfulness of our message and said she was too scared to pray in front of us. I knew EXACTLY what to say! "J'essaye par la Francé.. alléz-vous essayer don prier?" (I am trying to speak French, will you try to pray) She clearly saw that I was being sincere and she agreed to pray in front of us, as long as we closed our ears.. 
-I learned that the Spirit is in charge of the lessons, and it is OKAY if your companion is the only one speaking most of the time. -I spoke when I knew I needed to, and I surely had the help of the Holy Ghost to testify. It was the strongest lesson we have had as a companionship. ♥

L'Église est vrai! ♥ Dieu vous aime. ♥ J'aime l'evangile. ♥

Je T'aime. 
Keep Smiling! 
Abientôt! 
♥/Sœur Wright 


^^The Tahiti Zone


No comments:

Post a Comment