Sunday, October 8, 2017

Tahiti - Week 19

CONFERENCE!!
"I LOVED it!!"

"I couldn't pass up a conference weekend without sharing my thoughts
just briefly! I loved the messages that were shared and the council
that was given! For those of you who are wondering, I DID get to watch
conference in English. (Blessing!)
I was reminded of why I am here at Tahiti. Really, the whole idea of
serving others is what I thrive off of.. Of course at times I become
discouraged with whatever trials are placed in my life, but if I
remember back to why I offered my life for a mission, it is all worth
is.
--SERVICE!--

After Saturday's conference we went to have a lesson avec Elene and
Patrick. They are a couple in our area that live in concubinage, but
they have been together for over 28 years and have 5 children. We've
been teaching them for months, and just waiting on a date for the
marriage so that they can get baptized. Elene has taken the lessons
before (for the last 4 years) but this is Patrick's first time. So
we've pretty much been waiting on him. -- Anyways, we were in the
lesson with Patrick and Elene when Sr. Dumouchel and I had a strong
impression to invite them to pick a date for the baptism. They looked
at us, knowing that there's still a lot that needs to be done before
that date, and then Sr Dumouchel said "December 1st" and we all looked
at her like she was crazy. BUT they agreed. And that is the day for
their marriage and baptism. (: YAY.

On a side note, Mickey told me that it was so special to tell them her desire to go to the temple and to have an eternal family. She can tell that Elen and Patrick want that. It's such a blessing!

After conference we had a bird in our house (it's pretty normal. All
of our doors are open all the time) but Sr Dumouchel took Sr Bingham
seriously and tried to help the bird out of the house with a broom
thingy.

I made dinner for Sr Dumouchel and myself.. It' wasn't super great,
but I DID make it before I was hungry, which means I'm practically a
mom."


^^ Mickey's homemade dinner ^^



^^ Pomme etoile (Apple Star) ^^





^^ "The Elder's decorated our car at 5 AM this morning." ^^

BIG HUGS!
je vous aime

No comments:

Post a Comment