Thursday, October 26, 2017

Tahiti - Week 21 and 22

Emergency Room, Computer Hack,
Cancer and Baptisms!
...quite the combination!

So, last week, Mickey had computer troubles because her email account had been hacked so we didn't receive any pictures from her. Just a fair warning - this post is FULL of pics and stories!

Sr. Dumouchel went to the Emergency room last week and Mickey got to ride in the Ambulance.
They were riding their bikes home one night after it had just poured rain. She slipped while trying to get back up onto the curb and BIFFED it off of her bike.
Mickey started laughing (in true Mickey style!) because a similar thing happened the previous week (Mickey originally freaked out and Sr. Dumouchel was fine).
The blessing was, that Mickey was in front of her this time (she always leads so it was truly a blessing) and when Mickey heard her bike crash she stopped to go help her. Mickey said Sr. Dumouchel seemed fine and there were many people there helping them when all of a sudden Sr. Dumouchel said she needed to sit down. She sat down and then fainted. She has a problem with that anyway, so it's normal, but this time they thought it was because of the bike accident so they called the ambulance.


 Mickey said she hasn't fallen off her bike yet and it was fun to ride in the ambulance.


We are grateful Sr. Dumouchel is fine!! 
...PLEASE be CAREFUL girls!!

Mickey's thought for the week:
"The point of a mission is to question your own beliefs then find the answers."

I asked Mickey how she has seen a change in her faith since she's been in Tahiti. She replied:
"Honestly, I did notice a big change this week. I was looking at my wall (full of pictures) and just admiring it. Many things have changed since I first put pictures up, and after looking at it, I noticed just how much more focused on Christ I am. Most of my photos are of Christ and I have quotes. As before, there were many pictures of just family."


Last week, Mickey's P Day was changed from a Monday to a Wednesday because they had a Multi-Area Zone Conference. Elder Arden and his wife were visiting. 
One phrase stood out to Mickey from his talk: "Love is eternal, but it takes work."

So, THIS past week, Mickey received a letter from her Grandpa announcing he had cancer. She said she cried a little, but she was really glad he told her and that at the moment she was doing okay with the news - as long as he didn't die, she would be okay. 
She also said the fact that she is focused on the mission and not things back at home has helped. 
But, she loves her Grandpa - keep them in your prayers.

Changing subjects, Mickey shared a funny story that I'm  going to pass along!
She has been using an epilator - it's a machine that has a bunch of tiny tweezers that pull out hairs to make them thinner. They are used instead of shaving and in France they are a BIG thing.
Well, Sr. Dumouchel and Mickey did it to their arm pits this past week and about DIED it hurt so bad. It's like waxing but you don't use the wax, and it's easier on your skin. Mickey laughed it off and said, "Funny moment."

Fun story for the week:
"We had dinner with a new couple in our ward. The Hostachy family. She is 32 and he is 80.
NO JOKE. 
They have two daughters 5 and 7. haha
We were there last Tuesday and they told us the GOOD NEWS that they had gone to the temple that day and decided to get sealed Thursday. That just so happened to be our temple day!" (:


^^ On the other side of this window is the Celestial Room ^^

"It was awesome! Sr. Dumouchel and I were able to assist a temple session (which I understood) and then we were able to witness a live sealing session. It was beautiful and it was so special to see the little girls there in their temple dresses. 
It's really something I want in my life, to have an eternal family." 
  

"We were looking in the mirror afterwards and really felt crummy. We're both the same size and we've both gained weight from before the mission.  
Sr. Dumouchel slyly said, "Go big or go home, right? Or, in this case, go home big!"
Haha She's a funny one, and she would not be wrong."

...your big is still tiny! You are both adorable!


"That was my second time to the temple since being here. I don't know how often I get to go. Normally once every 3-4 months or if you go with a recent converti." 

"Sister Dumouchel and I have become the master cookie makers for our ward. We were in Ward Council last week and someone was missing because they were sick and Bishop asked if we could make them cookies...
Word's out!
Sr. D et Sr. W make the world's best cookies! (on Tahiti) 
(never as good as american home made cookies.)" 


^^ "Eating with our Bishop Diego Lee! ^^
He's so fun! I just love his family!"


^^ Eating Rackelle ^^
It's meat with melted cheese.

"We had the baptisms of Stella Leon and Leon this past Saturday!!
The baptisms were AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
They all happened. All three. 
(:
It was so special to see the family all there in support of them and to see them so happy.
We are working on helping to change peoples lives, little by little."

"This last week the schedule was very full and other missionaries made sly comments about our district not doing any work (in a joking manner, but sly none the less) and then we reminded them that we had 8 people on track for a baptism and we still were able to get a whole lot of our other lessons done. It wasn't 'IN YOUR FACE' but kind of."


^^ Leon was baptized by the Fiance de Eurliette Gobrait. His name is Hiurai. ^^


^^  Petite Leon was baptised by Frere Gobrait as well. ^^


^^ Stella was baptized by Frere Gobrait! ^^


^^ "I love this photo! ^^ 
It is of me giving Leon a 'check' (fist bump) right after I gave him a 
'colie' (shell necklace). He just looks so happy!"


^^ "The family members we taught. ^^
Heimanu is 7 and can't get baptized (YET)!"

 Personally, I love this photo! Look how happy Mickey is!!


^^ "Sr. Dumouchel and I avec our NEW CONVERTIS! YAYAYAYAY" ^^

^^ I can't help but wonder how many 'colies' any given Tahitian owns?! ^^ 
They must have rooms of these...or maybe they just recycle them to someone else??


^^ A family picture, but they are missing one child ^^

"A few months ago, I sent you a photo of a little puppy named Miss
Well, this is her. She's a lot bigger now and she still comes over to play with us."



"Sr. Mareva gave us these couronms but clearly they are so cute we needed to take a picture.
(Don't laugh too hard.)"



^^ "Because she is beautiful and I love her!" ^^



^^ "One of the fancier Tahitian house patios...haha" ^^



^^ Beautiful!! ^^


^^ Elders Door and Vanlidnt and Elders Blater (DL) and Ashworth ^^


^^ Oh my goodness, I miss seeing this face in person! ^^
But, I'm so glad she is happy, safe and well.



^^ Mickey's favorite beach ^^


^^ Visiting the Trois Cascades and the Blow Holes ^^



A bit long - but I'm loving everything Mickey sends! I soak it up every week. 
More than anything, I'm happy to hear Mickey is flourishing and growing each week.
She is so special and I miss her like crazy - but I see so much growth and I am grateful she has chosen to share this amazing life experience with my family and me! 
Our relationship has only strengthened in the last 7 months and I am truly full of gratitude!
I love and miss you, Mickey! 
♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment