Sunday, October 8, 2017

Tahiti - Week 18

MICKEY'S FIRST BAPTISM!!

"EDWIN WAS BAPTIZED!!
YAY
 MY FIRST BAPTISM!!
WAHHHOOOO
It was so awesome, my very first one!"

MICKEY'S FIRST BAPTISM!!

"EDWIN WAS BAPTIZED!!
YAY


 MY FIRST BAPTISM!!
WAHHHOOOO
It was so awesome, my very first one!
It was so special to see him take that big step, to be a good example for his family. 
He has a whole lot of laughs and love to share!"

Mickey said she didn't teach a lot this week, unfortunately, 
but this week they've already witnessed miracles.

"...at Edwin's baptism, we noticed a family that neither of us had seen before and they just cried the whole baptism. They ended up coming to every single church activity all weekend long and LOVED IT! So, hopefully we'll start teaching them tonight and watch this families' faith grow and maybe even help them to get baptized."

"Teiki (the wood carving guy) came to church yesterday!
...AND...
We had 16 ami's at church yesterday! The most I've ever seen is 10 and even 10 is a lot."


Mickey gave her first talk in French this weekend!
"It was on the Saint esprit. It went really well, I think. Everyone commented on it.
Edwin told me that if I could give a talk, he would share his testimony. - He knew how hard it would be for me to share a talk."
...how could Mickey say no to a request like that?!
Mickey is supposed to send me a copy of her talk. When she does, I'll add it.


Transfers happened this week. We were in the car when the Elders called. 
I am still in Matavai in Mahina!
Our AP told us that Sr. Dumouchel was being transferred and then he said, 
'TOOOO MATAVAI!'
and we were both so happy. 
YAY!
I definitely screamed on the phone!
It's not normal to stay in the same sector for more than 3 transfers
...so we were all surprised that I am still here. 
I am now the oldest one in this zone."


When I asked if she was able to watch the General Women's Conference in English or French, she replied that she was able to watch them in English.
"I loved Joy D. Jones talk. I was all over the place that day. I watched it at a member's house. I just remember that the women's conference felt so different this year. Maybe it's because I am a missionary... I think that I just have the spirit with me ALL the time...so it didn't feel as special as it normally used to. I hope that Conference isn't like that too. Ya know how Conference just makes you feel so spiritually fed? I feel that way every day."

We talked about looking at Conference as a way to find answers and when we are listening to what the Lord wants us to know, seeking answers or his knowledge for us, it will feel just as special as it always has. We also talked about not having the distractions of the world and why it's important to have love for daily scripture reading.
"I didn't realize how cool the scriptures and gospel really are until I came here. 
They have ALL the answers."



^^ "How on EARTH did I get the world's BEST companion
to stay with me for ANOTHER transfer?! ^^


 ^^ "Hey! Little Secret! - Sometimes when Sr. Dumouchel and I are Fiu with the day, we look at our knee fat and scrunch it together and pretend that our knees are the sorting hat from Harry Potter...
HAH! We actually found this little sorting hat in the Elder's car and about DIED!! I guess it's safe to say that Harry Potter is well missed in Matavai.


^^Zone Conference^^


^^ The cinnamon rolls that we made this week!  ^^
(I told Mickey that Grandma would be SO proud!!)


^^ Just for fun! ^^
"I did a split with Sr. Dampt this week! She commented on my French and gave me the sweetest compliment EVER! 'You're a hard worker. And you want to do things well!' "
(Sr. Dampt reminds me of cousin Steph!)

Well, that's all for week 18! ...can you believe it's been almost 6 months already?! 
Mickey is doing wonderful!


No comments:

Post a Comment