Sunday, January 14, 2018

Week 31

Joyeux anniversaire Mickey!!
It's Mickey's 21st birthday!!

^^YOU GUYS!! I'M 21!!!!^^
(Is this not the cutest picture?!)


At home, we did something fun for Mickey's birthday - we had a birthday party for her with a lot of people who love and miss her! It was so fun! It came about from an inspired thought the week before her birthday and luckily, we were able to pull it together! We made her a couple videos, sang 'Happy Birthday' to her and of course, because no celebration is complete without goodies - we had cake and ice cream. A friend of hers even blew out the candles in her place! It was so fun! This is what Mickey had to say about it:
"JESSS! YOU HAD A BIRTHDAY PARTY FOR ME?!?!?!?!
crazy lady - I loved it!"




We went on to talk about her birthday:
"I stayed up til midnight on [New Year's Eve] and watched fireworks.
It was the first time I've appreciated my birthday being on New Years.


(:
I love fireworks!


Also, this morning I got to put on normal clothes with some make up, so I'm feeling pretty special.
I'm so grateful that it's Pday."



^^Mickey opening up one of three Christmas packages from us^^


When I asked about Mickey's week, she said the following...
"My week has been wonderful (:"
"I decided that I really do love my sector."
"This week really was all about enjoying the time I had with Sr. Colledge.
I love her, and my appreciation for her grows every day. We just had a good week."

^^Is this not the PRETTIEST "tag" photo you have EVER seen?! My fave so far!^^

Below is an letter Mickey sent me. Her weekly email to the President. 
I thought it would be fun to share:

"Bonjour President!
I am sure you'll be receiving tons of mail with the goals of the missionaries, but I figured I might as well add mine to your inbox! I am looking forward to being here on Tahiti and doing the second half of my mission! Honestly, my goal for 2018 is to complete my mission with HONOR! I want to continue working diligently and loving what I am doing, whether or not it seems to be hard at times. I have also created a goal for myself to be happy, to carry "la joie" every where I go! -Sr. Colledge has helped me to recognize that I always know my weaknesses and I am always trying to be better, but at times I am so hard on myself a cause de mes faiblesses that I lose that joy. I want to focus more on the things that I do well this year.

Sr. Colledge and I still love being companions. We really saw growth in our companionship this week while in lessons with our amis. We can truly see that both of our personalities are needed in this sector at this moment on the mission. We get along well, and I can feel the spirit in every one of our lessons. I have appreciated seeing her teach, and learning how to follow the spirit.

My love for this sector grows every day, regardless of the petit moments of trials! I am grateful to be here!

Thank you for all you do!"


I don't hesitate at all to say Mickey WILL complete her full mission with HONOR as she desires. I love her humble heart - something I see as an easy accomplishment for her, she worries about. She will continue to be diligent and will continue to love it - because that's Mickey! ...even through her hardships because being positive is exactly what has helped her get through the hardest parts of her mission already. She has a heart of gold and is such an example. She's one of MY examples and I'm so grateful for my relationship with her. The Lord knew what he was doing when she placed me in my life 20 years ago and I couldn't be more grateful for where that has taken us. ♥



Mickey was able to make scripture covers this week! I love it - it seems so "Tahitian" to me!
She said, "It was SO fun!  - and it took WAY TOO much patience for me to ever do it again."





^^This turned out SO cute!^^

Below are some photos Mickey sent me of Christmas:


 ^^Christmas Party with Sr. Siale?! YES! 

 ^^ A Christmas sleepover with the Sisters - this time in Mickey's room!^^

 ^^Mickey's Christmas and the tree we sent her ...apparently being used as a hat instead! Ha!^^

^^The stockings we sent to Mickey and Sr. Colledge^^

 ^^Skype-ing with her parents.^^

^^Skype-ing with us!!^^

^^Mickey's favorite Farani (French) Sr. Gandon!^^
Mickey said: "We did a puzzle together. ...actually, she did a puzzle and I watched 17 miracles. 
(You and I both know that I don't have the patience for that.)

^^ Sr. Colledge celebrated her birthday on Dec. 20th so the Thomsen's (a senior couple) took them out for dinner at McDonald's. They are both 20 years old and it is the 20th anniversary for McDonald's in Tahiti. They all had a fun time. ^^

 ^^ Mickey bought Sr. Colledge this Pareo for her birthday.^^

 That's all for this week! 

Love, 
♥♥ Jess ♥♥



No comments:

Post a Comment