Sunday, February 11, 2018

Week 36

WEEK 36
A LETTER FROM MICKEY

Mickey had time to write a personal letter this week!
Enjoy!

Bonjour tout le monde! (:

 I received a new companion this week! Her name is Sr Mortier and she comes from France! She's just so sweet and so kind. 
After receiving my new companion Tuesday afternoon I was really not feeling too well when Sr Mortier looked right at me and asked when we'd start contacting. I will tell you that I instantly had a love for her the moment I met her but when she posed that question my love for her did nothing but grow. I only wished that I could've given her that her first week, but I was comforted in knowing that she will have plenty of opportunities to do that here. She's so passionate in her love for our Savior and for his Gospel. She wants to work and she is ready! -Already I feel like she came pre-trained! I pray every day that I might be able to help her in some way, but at the very least she's helped me. 

As you all know I've been sick off and on my whole mission but it really started acting up this week to the point that I couldn't eat nor drink! I went 2 days without taking in any liquids. It was so bad one night that the other sisters in my house called President Fox and he picked me up and took me to the emergency room. When I got there I was dehydrated, (obviously) so they took a little bit more of my blood to do some tests and then gave me saline. It was horrible, I'll tell you that. They said that I clearly had inflammation somewhere inside and that they'd have to wait a few more days for more tests. (normally I should have the results today). 

In being sick I really have had to lean on others, specifically Christ to help me. In fact, I have received many blessings to ease the pain throughout my mission. I almost feel like I receive too many blessings! I understand that the Priesthood is for just that and we should not be afraid to use it, so I asked for yet another blessing this week given by Elder Peck. I felt bad because he had given me one earlier in the week with elder UGBAH but I felt strongly to ask for another. Of course he stopped what he was doing and came right over!

Before the blessing he he started to pose a question but hesitated then said "I am sure I already know the answer, but do you believe that through Jesus Christ you can be healed?" I was stopped dead in my tracks and replied with "Of course!" but it really got me to thinking of any doubt I've ever had. I know that the question was inspired and needed to be posed even though he felt he knew the answer. It really invited the spirit and helped me to fully turn my will to God's will and right as I did in the blessing he said "we know your faith is full" and I felt comforted. 
Before my mission, for the majority of my life I was a less-active or even inactive and ever since coming back to church 2 years ago, my biggest worry is to fall inactive again but this blessing and this trial have helped me to see that I could NEVER doubt my faith of this gospel. Ever. I had the confidence in that moment to say (and mean it) that I will never fall inactive again because it's truly the desire of my heart. I KNOW gospel is true! and I KNOW that through Christ I can be healed of ALL things. 

I literally woke up the next morning feeling 10x better! I realize that when we trust in God and trust in him FULLY then we have to trust in his timing. 
Kinda bummy that I had to be sick to realize this.. but I am grateful that I was! 
Thank you all for your prayers! I love you all! 


On that note, I was in contact with the President this week and this is a text he received earlier in the week from Mickey about the results from the Doctor and her progress: 

“Ok, I just went to the doctor and got the results back. They said I have some form of bad bacteria in my stomach that is fighting all of the other good bacterias and causing inflammation. They gave me a medicine to kill the bad bacteria and some pro biotics to help stabilize my intestines. I told them this has been going on my whole mission and she said it had to come from the food or water. I should be better in 10-15 days but if not she ordered for me to take more tests.”

The President also added that he and his wife saw Mickey and Sr. Morier during the week. They were out working in their sector so she seems to be doing better. They are hopeful the antibiotics/probiotics that she is on will do the trick. 

Let's continue to pray for her health to be strong and that her body might rid itself of all the bad bacteria in her body.
I know she feels our prayers as she has expressed that to me several times.
With God, ALL things are possible. 

Love, 
Jess ♥

Below are some photos Mickey sent me this week:


^^ Sr. Mortier and Mickey ^^


^^ President and Sr. Fox, Mickey and Sr. Mortier ^^


^^ "just a couple in our ward!!! SO CUTE!"  ^^  


^^ " I GOT THE PACKAGE! (: It was so cute and brought a HUGE highlight to my day. 
You make our house so cute. I love it."  ^^ 


^^ "Hey.. some fruit I ate this week! You only eat the white part. (: " ^^



No comments:

Post a Comment