Monday, February 5, 2018

Week 35

Week 35
Goodbyes and New Opportunities
"Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities, seize common occasions and make them great." -Orison Swett Marden


This week, Mickey said goodbye to Sr. Colledge. She was transferred to the nearby island of Raiatea.


With that, comes exciting news: Mickey is now a trainer! 
Anyone who knows Mickey well, knows that she has always been a born leader - a special gift that was divinely and specifically given to her from none other than our Heavenly Father. She now has the opportunity to take her past experiences and apply them to training a brand new missionary. 
I'm so excited for her! You see, Mickey has always had a huge heart and I know that she won't let becoming a trainer go to her head. She will be a diligent example, hard worker and a loving companion who sees the best when things are the hardest.  When any of us get callings in life, it usually isn't because we are better then someone else - it's because we've dedicated ourselves to the Lord and he knows he can trust us to learn more. It's always for our learning and growth, not for us to boast. Now that Mickey has had some experience and learned from her own amazing and humble trainers, she can take that knowledge and help others become great missionaries themselves. As she does it with a humble heart, she will undoubtedly look back with a grateful heart for the opportunities she had to learn more than she felt she was able to teach. That's the wonderful gift of callings. 
She will do a fantastic job because she loves the Lord with all her might and trusts in his goodness. 
We are so proud of all she has done as a missionary and the trust and learning she has willingly put in the Lord to become what he wants her to and to bless others with the testimony she has gained in the process. 
I can say with confidence that Mickey is sure to feel inadequate at times in this new adventure. 
Any trying to follow the footsteps of our Savior, are going to feel as though they can't reach him. That's because they are trying to hard but because they love the Lord so much, they also see their weaknesses. In fact, God has promised to show us our flaws. 
Below is some advice from President Eyring:

"There will be times when you will feel overwhelmed.
One of the ways you will be attacked is with the feeling that you are inadequate.
Well, you are inadequate to answer a call to represent God with only your own powers.
But you have access to MORE than your natural capacities, and you do not work alone.
The Lord will magnify what you say and what you do in the eyes of the people you serve. 
He will send the Holy Ghost to manifest to them that what you spoke was true. 
What you say and do will carry hope and give direction to people FAR BEYOND your natural abilities and your own understanding."

So, here's to us all calling upon the Lord more frequently, more diligently and with hope and love.
You've got this, my dear Mickey!!


...and to Mickey's new companion: Sr. Mortier from France:
 You are so blessed to have been assigned to be mentored by such a sweet daughter of God! You will find that Sr. Wright has a heart of gold and because of that, she loves deep, forgives better than anyone I have ever had the privilege of knowing and truly wants to do the Lords will. 
She is a "clean freak" and organized. Independent yet a teammate who loves to serve others. She is sometimes quirky but knows how to have fun. She is exciting and will you keep you on your toes, but works hard and through time has learned to be strictly obedient as her predecessors have. 
Sr. Wright is a listener and if you allow her to - she will be a friend for life. I could go on and on. Most of all, Mickey has had a life full of trials, tough love and learning experiences and has taught her to trust in and lean on her Heavenly Father with literally, everything she has and has been blessed with the Spirit. It's in her countenance. It's in her heart. She is positive and learns from mistakes and takes the advice of others. She is a teacher and TOGETHER you will learn so much as you open yourself up to the knowledge she has gained in her 21 years of life experiences and 10 months of serving the Lord in Tahiti. She will learn right along side you and treat you as an equal 
- or - even better. ALWAYS know that she loves you. 
We love you Sr. Mortier. Yes, already! ...and are excited to get to know you!

On a different note, Mickey said, "I had a wonderful week. I haven't been stressed at all! (: "
We sent her some videos that melted her heart and she received a package from her parents.


They were also able to set an Ami up for baptism in June!!! "YAY!
But it's all the way in June and we can't count it on our records. but HEY! That is a miracle."

She is also working with Tunoa (age 14) and Iotua (age 11). "They have 1 brother who is a member and will be going on a mission to Australia in April but their mom told them that they aren't allowed to get baptized until they are 18...ahh BUT this week, she changed her mind ans said that they can get baptized when he returns from his mission in two years. (: "  


^^Guess who Mickey was able to see this week? HER trainer is now finished with her mission. ^^

Last week, I was able to send Mickey some random photos and videos of our family. In response to them, she said, 

"I just read the emails you sent me. (: That made me so happy. I love reading your weekly emails and hearing from you. They just make me so happy. (:  I love that the things you miss and are excited for [when she returns] are also the things I am excited for. (: It was really special that you sent me the videos this week. I was thinking this week about what makes me most happy and I noticed that I have experienced a lot of really cool things on my mission, and I've had a lot of happy moments, BUT I am more happy with you guys - my family. You guys make me so happy. (: I just miss laughing every single day... I was thinking about doing ab workouts last night and wondered why I never had to do that before now...it's because I was just so happy and laughing ALL the time that I didn't need it. Nut it hasn't been that way in a while...at least not since Sr. Dumouchel. 
I LOVE Sr. Colledge...She's definetly my favorite "missionary" but I need a best friend. 

I love that people tell you to marry your best friend because it's with them that you will be most happy. 

(:

So thank you for those cute videos that really gave me the home and giggles that I needed today."

^^As you can imagine - this just made my day! I felt extra grateful to have Mickey in my life today. Thank you Mickers!^^


No date as of yet for Mickey's return - but it is being prayed about. Mickey has said she will come home to St. George and work for a bit and start school again in January. I seriously can't believe we are already talking about her returning already! WOW! The next several months are going to fly by!

Thank you for your continued prayers on Mickey's behalf! 
She is doing so well and loves you all!

Love, 
Aunt Jess

Random photos from the week:




^^ Mango season!!^^


 ^^ They FINALLY were able to make tacos!! Mickey's favorite! ^^





No comments:

Post a Comment