Saturday, February 17, 2018

Week 37

WEEK 37
"Thank you for all the prayers!"

"I am doing SO much better! Thank you for all your prayers!
I took 1 pill, 1 time to kill all of the bacteria, but I seem to be doing better.
I am sure it will come back because I am almost sure that it comes from the water.
Also, they're French. Who knows if they even know what they are doing." 


"The missionary work has been progressing!!
I love being able to look at the first week I spent in this sector until now and see all of the progress that has been made.  We started with little lessons at the beginning and now we seem to have a full schedule. It's like we don't even have time to do all of our studies every day."

When I asked how she liked being a trainer, Mickey said:
"I really do love it. It has challenged my speaking abilities and definitely my teaching abilities because for the most part it's me who talks in lessons." 

 ^^ "Me going down the stairs. (: In a large sack." ^^



When I email Mickey, I love to hear about the things she is learning in her personal studies. 
I share what I've been learning and hopefully we are teaching each other along the way. 
When I asked what she was studying or working towards right now, she replied:
"Honestly, I am just working on growing my knowledge of the gospel. 
The deep doctrine. 
haha because my 'keep it simple' knowledge can only get me so far."
I was proud of Mickey for this response! 
As we know, the gospel comes together for most of us in tidbits 
and "here a little, there a little" moments.
I'm so pleased that Mickey feels secure enough in the basics of the gospel and is ready to move on to deep doctrine. It's exciting when we get to that point in our studies and it motivates us to dig a bit deeper and learn harder concepts. 
That's the amazing part of the gospel - 
it's simple enough that kids can understand and deep enough for even the scriptorians to learn. 
However, no matter where we are at in the gospel, remember it's perfect for us. 
The most important action is that we continually trudge forward in our learning and growth. :)

 ^^ "We cook a lot." ^^

I asked Mickey more specifics about her companion, here's the scoop:
"She's not at all quiet. 
She's proper. 
She does a lot of things that are so cute...
...like it freaks her out that we have lizards in our house
(ALWAYS) and ants everywhere. 
It reminds me of when I first got here."
we get along well.
I love her.
I don't ever want to live in France or marry a French person
...but my companion is cool.(: "


 ^^ "We went to the temple!" ^^


^^ "I SAW ELDER PYPER from my MTC district! ahhh ^^

^^ ..."AND Sr. Robinson!" ^^

So, another week has passed and Mickey is doing great!
She is learning so much, but I can tell through everything she sends me - 
she is still the same ol' Mickey - just a little more mature and learned in the gospel. 
I look forward to seeing her THIS YEAR! 
YAY!

until next week, please pray for Mickey's health to be perfect!

All our love! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment