Sunday, March 25, 2018

MARCH 19, 2018

WEEK 42
ONE YEAR MARK!
"Success is no accident. It's hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, 
love for what you are doing or learning to do."

♥♥♥

"I've made it this far.. Literally, Thursday was my 1 year mark. (I don't know how I've done it, but I have)."


 In my personal email, Mickey mentioned to me that being in her new sector, 
with a new companion has been an adjustment (obviously.) but I'm proud of her for making the best out of the new situation and working to be a good team with her companion, Sr. O'Hara.  
She knows the magnitude of their example and is anxious to work hard and be obedient.  
Mickey's French has gotten really good and she has even been putting to use her "gift of tongues" to help the other Sisters in her home learn to speak more confidently. 
....always in the service of others. ♥

Speaking of service, Mickey said...
"The very first day in my new house, I looked in the fridge and yelled.. ahh, it was SO gross!! 
Before even starting to unpack I took everything out of the fridge and CLEANED!" 


^^"My cute companion and myself."  (At the church.)^^


"Oh, did I tell you? - We're in a biking sector, and it POURS rain. I had a little bit of amenesia this week with that poncho. It smells like the tube we use when we go boating, except I definitely don't use it for that, and it's kind of sad." 


"I do love being on a bike! It's like something in side of me feels so FREE! haha (: It's much faster than walking, but I think it would be a lot more fun if I wasn't in a skirt every day. Ahhhh. Ya know, the sister missionary life. I do love it!"


"AHHH BOATING SEASON! 
We have a big sector right next to the ocean and we literally ride right next to it every day. 
We always have people out on their boats having a party and it reminds me all the good memories I have at the lake! (: So COOL!"


^^"The hidden pathways to get to the beach. #LOCALS ONLY!!"^^


^^Mickey's district is comprised of eight missionaries.^^ 
Elder Madsen, Elder Harrison, Sr O'Hara and Mickey are all from Utah. 
Sr Battezzato is from Massachusetts. 
Elder Bayart is from France and Elder Tetuaearo is from New Caledonia. 
Mickey told me they have so much fun together and even have "sleepovers" almost every night!


"We hike the bottom of Vaitavere.. AGAIN! this morning. 
I wanted to die, but "Do it for the people" really got to me today." 


"Literally the closest thing to home that I've seen all week.. Yes, those are HORSES. 
Of course I made my companion stop so I could pet them." 


"​Funny, but not so funny story. 
As we all know, I am a super sensitive person, right? 
Anyways I was at this party for the Relief society birthday and I was asked to cut the cake. 
So I did. 
All of a sudden some Tahitian lady starts telling me that I need to cut smaller pieces because the cake is small and we have a lot of people to feed. 
The moment I said "Sorry" she rolled her eyes and said something in Tahitian like I was stupid 
so of course I cried.. Because I am Sister Wright and I cry. 
WELL the members felt bad and made me a new cake! 
En PLUS it was in the shape of a heart! haha "Made with love!!" hahah (: " ​


^^Uru (bread Fruit)^^
(Side note: Doesn't Mickey look SO cute in that blue dress?!)


​Pretty sure I did this wrong, but I cooked Uru..​


^^​My new view of Moorea!​^^



^^Literally my cute companion again, because why not?^^






No comments:

Post a Comment