Sunday, March 4, 2018

FEBRUARY 26, 2018

WEEK 39
The work is PROGRESSING! 
"AFTER ALL THAT HAS BEEN SAID,
THE GREATEST AND MOST IMPORTANT 
DUTY IS TO 
PREACH THE GOSPEL."
-Joseph Smith


"WELL! We finally were able to really address the concerns of our Ami Ripo! He is a 56 year old man who is single and has the BIGGEST heart! He's really big...and he's just like a teddy bear. 
Anyways, he knows the gospel is true, he knows he needs to follow Jesus Christ but he is scared to lose his friends if he becomes Mormon. He also said that he doesn't want to become a member if he isn't planning to stay a member. He doesn't like the examples of all of the inactives that he knows. He doesn't want to be that same way but because so many of his friends are like that, he is scared that he will be too. 
We invited him to pray this week to see if he really should get baptized, to see if is the will of God."

"We then started teaching a young woman named Poerava. She's SO SO SO cute!!! Sh'es 17 and has a heart of gold. One of our YW invited her to the YW activities and now she comes to church and all of the other church activities (we have an activity every other day here in Tahiti). In our first lesson with her she asked us how to become a mormon...we ended up explaining the Joseph Smith story and I could see that she thought we were a little crazy, so I shared my testimony with her about Joseph Smith then asked if we could see her again.  She said, "Of course!" AH!!!!!!! This week we are going to try and fix a few dates for baptism."

"We also teach Heremono (still) his baptism is fixed for June 2. We can't move it any sooner because he wants his dad to be there and his dad is currently in Prison."


"Our meeting with the Stake President went well! We shared with him all of our concerns and he said he will discuss with all of the people involved and we will need to give it 3 weeks to see if things have changed."


"Also, we talked to President Fox last night about the missionary work in our sector. We told him that we have a member at almost every single one of our lessons and he was pleasantly surprised. He said, "That is wonderful!" I really have seen this sector grow! We started with out with maybe 6 ami's and now we have at least 10 PROGRESSING ami's! Which means the baptisms are coming! A lot of times, it just takes time, BUT I am seeing the results to our efforts."


I was telling Mickey what a great leader she was - this was her response:
"This week I noticed that I am not really a great leader (I prefer others to lead), but I do like when things get done! Even if that means I have to do all of the work." 





 ^^ "I am a bun pro! ^^


Mickey was able to go see Euliette at the temple the day she was sealed! 
She didn't actually get to attend the sealing, but she really wanted to! 
Mickey said, "I heard they even did it in English! SO special!!!  
She (Euliette) looked beautiful though." 
"It was so sweet, Euliette pulled a flower out of her bouquet and gave it to me!! 
She said, 'Here you go Sister Wright. Something to remember me!' 
SO CUTE." 










 ^^ "I was caught eating CHEERIOS!!!!!! YES! I found Cheerios on TAHITI!! ^^
Who would've thought?"

^^ "Enjoying my Valentine's ♥♥" ^^ 



^^ I found a man in the tree. I guess it's normal around here. ^^

 ^^We found a homeless puppy and took care of it!! (: ^^
 Hopefully it has a home by now, we don't actually know where it is.


^^ "The difference between a used cantique and a new one!" (: ^^

...until next week! 
Please keep Mickey's ami's in your prayers if you can remember 
- it's one way we can help her from afar!

xoxo -Aunt Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment