Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Our first letter in the mail!


It nearly felt like Christmas today as we checked the mailbox and had a letter from Sister Wright waiting for us!! We were so excited and read it together as a family...all 7 pages of it! Yes, this 7 page letter was all hand written!


 It was a sweet letter and very personal. Because of its content and personal touch, I'm not going to share the whole letter, but I will share some of it because just as we were excited to hear from her after a long week, I'm sure you would love an update on how Sister Wright is doing as well.

But first, did you notice today makes ONE WEEK of her being in the MTC?? She made it through her first week as a missionary! Wahoo! We are so proud of her!

...ok, back to her letter. Some of the things she said:

Her attitude about being in MTC has shifted. She said, "No one has ever been sent home from the MTC because they didn't know the language - I got this. I literally only need to know:
     -how to pray
     -share my testimony
     -tell people God loves them." (Which she already learned how to say, "God loves you.")

"I literally learned how to pray (in French) and I'm learning a basic testimony."

"I won't lie though, this has still been really hard for me & I feel like without the past few days, I wouldn't be able to relate to so many people & I wouldn't lean on God as much. Trials make us stronger."

"I am proud to say I understand like 30% of a conversation talking about the gospel, if they talk really slow."

"Give Abbie (our dog) lots of hugs for me.♡ I want a dog.  :( "

"It is getting better one day at a time. I'm working hard...it's rough but I'm trying."

"I love you all more than you know. ♡"

"Keep smiling."

"I miss [family] prayers."

"I miss your hugs."

"I miss movie nights."

"They have rootbeer. :)"

"I am so glad I don't have a tablet mission. I already know it would be so much harder of an adjustment for me. I would definitely email when I shouldn't and I'd probably be home already if I had one."

"I have HAD to rely on God 100% & I have had to look for other resources...also, I'm learning a new way to communicate - I need this."

"Tahiti is the place for me."

"I still love you. Seriously. I do."

"Oh yeah, pretty sure everyone thinks I'm going home early cause this has been the worst ever, but I'm not going anywhere...yet."
  ( ^^^ Just for the record, we don't think that! We know she will go on to serve the people of Tahiti!)



So there you have it...a few of the things she shared in our personal letter. Only two more days and she'll send out another email! I look forward to hearing what she has to say!! ....stay tuned!
♡Aunt Jess♡













1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad she is doing better! We've been praying a lot for her. She's going to do great, I know it! JulieCalkins

    ReplyDelete