Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Packing up.

When does leaving for a mission become "real"??

Is it while packing?

Not really.

Mickey's been packing for a good month. Slowly we have added items to her suitcase but today was our deadline because tonight we are leaving for SLC.



*Note: I SOOO badly wanted to dump everything out of her suitcase and put myself in the bag instead. People can be shipped in luggage, right?? And surely the MTC wouldn't mind an extra adult "supervisor" either! ;) ...No, I know I can't do that.

This would be the last time Mickey would be in her room until she returns. There was a little emotion. I could see Mickey was fidgeting and going back and forth a bit on what she should take. Did she have enough of everything? Was she taking too many outfits? 2 suitcases or 3? So many things to think about, but we got it. Mickey got to the point where she was comfortable enough to close up her luggage and get them in the car. It was a little bittersweet to me. Happy and sad feelings all at the same time. Another step down. She said it didn't really feel "real". She thought she was just packing for another trip.

Through this process Mickey has shown how strong she is. How responsible she is and just how ready she is for this new adventure she is literally about to embark on. We are so proud of her!  In a few days, she will be taking this luggage on an adventure that will change her life. Literally, change her life. It's amazing how something so life changing doesn't yet feel "real".  I guess the Lord allows that to happen so our young missionaries will actually GO. haha.

In all seriousness, I'm sure in a few days, it will feel "real", but Mickey is strong and can (and will) handle it! ...I just hope I can! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment