Friday, March 31, 2017

Letter - Week 2

We all made it to "P" Day #2!                                                                              
Brad and I were able to chat with Sister Wright for a little bit this morning! "YAY!" Fridays have quickly become one of my favorite days of the week because we get to hear how she is! Sister Wright is doing better than last week and I think you'll be happy to see this weeks email is much more uplifting. ;)  Our prayers have definitely been helping her, so let's keep them going! God is good! Mickey has chosen to be positive and committed. Wahoo! 

Below, we'd like to share some additional tid bits from our personal emails that aren't in the group email:



^^Isn't this sooo Mickey?! I can tell just from this photo her and Sister Robinson are two peas in a pod! It's one of my favorite pics! 

-"I LOVE WORKING OUT. I didn't think that I would, but I do."

- "They give us ice cream on Wednesdays and Sundays, for dinner and lunch.. All you can eat. I usually just make   rootbeer floats.. Because I'm me. They're my favorite, in case you forgot." 

- "I'M SO EXCITED FOR CONFERENCE."  

-For Aunt Julie:  " 'I am capable' ...I can do this. I need to be patient and kind."

-"I learned a big thing this week.. Personal study is VITAL. I NEED it. Helping to build others testimonies is great, but it is just as important to build your own." 

-"It has not been an easy thing for me, but I know I have become stronger because of it. ♥"

Read on for her email...

Bonjour! ♥
It has been a big week for me, personally. I can honestly say that I completely forgot why I am on a mission. Every part of me hated the MTC. If you read my email last week, then you might know un-petit about how bad it actually was for me. I questioned why I ever agreed to this, and why all of the bad things just so happened to come all at once for me. At this point, I had to rely solely on God. -I began to realize that God takes his missionary work VERY seriously, and I should too. God was testing me to see if I would give up and leave, or stick with it, and stay. **Just in case you were wondering, I'm still here.** I was put on an antibiotic, and I felt 80% better the next day. I think it is vital that we are all tested and tried on our faith. That is how we know we are growing. 

>>Language


I broke out crying in class on the second day, and Frére Call (brother 
Call) pulled me out of class and asked what was going on.. I explained to him that it was so frustrating to see everyone else understand what he was saying, and I didn't. He proceeded to ask me if I had ever studied French, and when I told him I hadn't, he then expressed that it would be bizare if I did speak French on day 2. -Oh yeah... hah, he's right. In stead of looking for what I am NOT good at, I have been grateful for all that I AM good at. (: I can understand approximately 3/4 of a conversation in French if they are talking about gospel topics, and speaking REALLY slow. (: my teachers are so impressed with how fast I have picked up on what they're teaching me. -GIFT OF TONGUES.


God cares for me. As I have encountered hard times this week, I have been able to turn to prayer, and suddenly, I feel so much better. Like Monday at lunch, I prayed for mail, and I definitely got mail 3 minutes after my prayer. -


OH! THANK YOU for all the mail. I have literally had SO much mail every day this week. It is hard to find the time to read it all. (I know, it's something GREAT to complain about) (: hahah my zone mocks me all the time! They say "Loooook at me, I'm Sœur Wright, and I get ALL the mail...."  
I've received over 53 Letters, 3 packages, and like 50 emails. ♥ MY LOVE FOR ALL OF YOU IS HUGE. 


"We don't endure to the end, we enjoy to the end."
"Respond to unkindness with kindness."
"NEVER be afraid of sharing your testimony."
"This is the hardest thing I will ever LOVE to do!"
Best thing of the week: OH MY GOSH. I love music. We all know. My companion and I started a musical number together, and we got one of our zone leaders to play piano for us while we sing! -Fortunately, he decided to sing and play piano back for us.. and it literally made me feel like I am right where I need to be. 

-The highlight of my week, is that I remembered why I am here. I am here because I LOVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love People. I love God. This stuff makes me SO happy!!!!! -I only want people to feel just as happy as I do. 

Amidst all of the informational overload, I would have to say the biggest thing I learned this week is how important it is for me to listen. I love to talk, which is great, but I can learn so much more when I put my own thoughts aside, and listen to what others have to say. ♥ I have also recognized that with having the HG on my side. I don't speak French quite yet, so the power of listening really helps to bring the spirit, and gives the people I'm teaching the opportunity to share how they really feel. 


I ask that you all pray for me to have the ability to absorb all the things they are teaching me. Some times, I break down, and have to walk around our hallways, just because I can't even focus anymore. -it seems like a sponge can only soak up so much!

I am thankful for:
MAIL - Packages/Letters ♥
Jokes (Even the Mormon ones.. but Laffy taffy kind are my fav) -Thanks Jay. (;
My sweet companion! Companionships are called of God. We teach each other so much already. 
Provo Temple! - GO. It has the prettiest chandelier ever. I LOVE THE TEMPLE.

-Keep smiling. 
J'taime ♥

Sœur Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment