Saturday, May 5, 2018

APRIL 16, 2018

Week 46
Tough news and Tender mercies
"In God's Eternal plan, salvation is an individual matter; but Exaltation is a family matter."


Those who read last weeks post, know Mickey's Grandpa was given months to live and we had to break that news to her. 
This week, the situation became more serious. Two days after the news, all of his children felt prompted to make their way to his bedside and it was time to give the President another update that Grandpa didn't have months, but only days to live. We would stay in very close contact and continue to send updates.
Mickey and I requested a final phone call with her Grandpa and the President agreed. On Thursday, with most all of Grandpa's children and a few Grandchildren by his side, I was able to call Mickey and she was able to speak with her Grandpa one final time. It was a very sweet and tender moment for her and for our family. 

Afterwards, Mickey and I were able to talk a bit longer and she was able to share an experience with me where the Lord confirmed to her His will for Grandpa. It was emotional and my heart went out to her.  I was grateful she felt the Lord's mindfulness in this scenario we were experiencing.

That same evening, Grandpa was given a Priesthood blessing by his eldest son, Kevin.  In it, Grandpa was told that his mission in this life was complete and he had done everything he was sent to do and now, he was needed on the other side to continue his work.

Grandpa passed the following afternoon.

Again, another update was made to the President. ...only this time, Mickey was actually on her way to the President's house to make cookies that had been pre-scheduled. (Tender mercy in and of itself!) The President would be able to break the news in person and comfort her in a unique way. Obviously, this was an emotional experience and Mickey has had moments of ups and downs just as the rest of our family has, but she remained strong and the Lord is watching out for her.

Below, is a portion of what Mickey wrote in her email to me:

"Thank you for your sweet email today. I hope you know that I am grateful for all of your efforts to keep me informed and up to date. I am grateful to be blessed enough to have you in my life." 

"I have struggled [and because of that] I don't feel like a good missionary. I don't know why. I really am trying my hardest to accomplish all that I can. And now, I'm worried about home. But I'll be fine. I'm just going to keep trying." 

"It was a good week in all aspects. I felt the comfort of my grandfather after his passing, which gave me the force I needed to accomplish all that I did this week. I am really trying to work hard and give my all to this work, even though this week was tough on me." 


"--A tender moment for me was Friday Afternoon actually. The whole morning I had been singing "I feel My Savior's Love" without knowing why. When I arrived to President's house and he had shared the news with me, my heart almost jumped in joy for grandpa. It was strange, I was actually happy. (: Of course I shed a few tears, but they weren't sad. We were able to make cookies with them and later I was able to play piano in their house. Normally, I don't ask. you know I don't like playing piano for or in front of people so it was a shock that I even asked. I went in, sat down and while playing I had never felt more comfort at the piano. --I ALWAYS feel comforted at the piano because of my love for music, but this time was even more special. I felt grandpa smiling and dancing sweetly to the music I played. ♥ it touched my heart more than ever to know that I will always be connected to grandpa by something that I love and cherish so dearly already. He's a special man, and I know that he's happy."


"I know his funeral will be beautiful, and I know Grandpa will love every single musical number that is shared. ♥ - I also must say that one of the most tender moments for me on the phone call with grandpa was when Brae said "Mickey, I played the Violin for grandpa yesterday." I think my heart skipped a beat. We all know how happy music makes him. ♥"

"I loved getting to talk with all of you. I miss you all dearly. Just know that I haven't looked forward to seeing someone(s) more in my life. ♥" 

"I've found myself at the piano every day this week, trying to comfort myself with grandpa's love. It's been my piece of courage for the week, especially when I needed it most." 





"A random pic from my companions camera."


"The sweet sisters I live with."
AKA: The Comforters!
"My Favorite Flower"

"We got a new bunk bed this week!! Luckily our elders are the BEST and came over to put it together."

​"Tender mercy -- I had a REALLY good tomato this week."


"We had matching dresses with an entire family this week! I also sang a Solo in Sacrament meeting."











"This morning on the way to Church (for our emails)"


"​Fancy foods in Tahiti."


♥♥



No comments:

Post a Comment