Wednesday, May 9, 2018

MAY 7, 2018

WEEK 49
Smiles, Sunburns and Exhaustion


"This has been an amazing week! I feel like Sr Cordon and I have been productive in using our time and planning more specifically for our days. This week, I will be honest- I'm EXHAUSTED! 
I've never been this tired in my life. 
Which I know is a good thing! 
I have tried my hardest to be an example for Sr Cordon and to help her learn all that I can about missionary work. I do feel as though I may have fallen short this week (I tend to over-think things). I know I am doing my best to be the best missionary I can be, but I still have my faults and every night I find myself apologizing to her and God for it. 
Sr Cordon really is a wonderful missonary who has a desire to be here! As you know, she's hard on herself and this last week has really put a damper on her self-esteem, but I can testify that she is improving." 

"I SAW SR TEAHU at Carrefour! (She's my trainer!)
-Tender mercy! 
My companion, Sr Cordon, doesn't believe that I struggled at the beginning of my mission. She thinks I'm far in advance and that she'll never be able to be at my level in the language. 
But today she got to meet MY traniner. 
She testified that I cried every day, and I didn't understand a thing. I've made a lot of progress since that time." 

"D&C 10:4 has become my new theme!! I am going until the end, but I can't run faster than I have strength!"


"--I definitely got home and fell asleep instantly. I woke up to an alarm I had set for 30 minutes later and said "Yeah right" and went back to bed. Another hour later I woke up and felt SO guilty that I had napped so long that I tried walking around the house! I went upstairs and like plopped onto the floor and fell asleep for another hour. 
-Heat exhaustion?! -MAYBE! 
But the fast was worth it! (Just maybe not the sunburn..)"

"A new bishopric was called this week, and we no longer have a DMP. We we assured one would be called shortly. I think it will be good to have a fresh start for Manotahi. Politics seemed to be the main focus for our ward leaders for the last several weeks. 
Now that that is over, and with a new Bishop in charge, 
I feel a lot of success coming to this sector! 
We saw a change of heart in 3 of our amis this week! It was a miracle! For our fast, Sr Cordon and I asked to see the fruits of our labors and I can testify that we already are. I KNOW we are trying and giving our all! We are here! Ready, and willing! God is blessing us, even if it is simply by giving us the energy needed for the day and something to smile about!"
 "Célina! She's just a super cute member we saw a lot this week, so I thought: Why not take a picture?!"

"Welp, I still don't love coconut.. But I DO live in Tahiti and people still give them to me!"

Mickey summed up her mission with the following statement:
"I have had MANY experiences on my mission! I think the greatest one is knowing that I've grown. I am training for the second time, a brand new missionary who doesn't speak French yet. She reminds me a little bit of me when I started my mission (except I was worse.. by far). I can see the difference between the two of us now, and clearly see that I have come so far! However, I know that there is still so much to learn and I am excited to see what more God has instore for me! This has been HARD! Missions tend to be that way, but it's also been far more rewarding. I wouldn't trade it for the world."

"Sr O'Hara.. BOY Do I LOVE that girl?!! Did I ever mention that she's "pretty dope?!" (; Also, I think she's kind of funny, so I'll keep her around."

 "We used Public transportation to go en ville today! 
I thought it was a riot!"



"Au Marché aujourd'hui! I mean, Tahiti is pretty legit."

No comments:

Post a Comment