Wednesday, May 9, 2018

APRIL 30, 2018

WEEK 48
JOY IN THE WORK!

"I LOVE my new companion!! 
It wasnt the easiest transition for Sr. Cordon coming to Tahiti, it's hard for everyone. I honestly think she is going to be a wonderful missionary. She has a love for her Saviour, her scriptures, the people. She's so sweet and excited to work! (: She's so willing to do what we plan for the day, and she goes about it with the most positive outlook."

 "I am learning just how good of a leader I CAN be, if I do it with confidence... (not to be bratty). 
--I am always just scared of the way people will respond when I ask them to do things and they don't want to. But with Sr Cordon, she has that desire to be obedient and to do it with a good attitude. (: 
I asked her to find one miracle every day while I am with her, and I hope she continues to do that the rest of her mission!
- The miracle of my week:
that I remembered the simplicity of being a missionary! 
Simple, yet powerful! Sometimes I overcomplicate things and stress more than I should, but this week I did my best not to."

"Sr. Cordon and I have also read one chapter a day in the 
Simplified Livre de Mormon and I have her translate it. 
Already, the 2nd day, I found myself in tears because the amount of progress she'd already made! She's growing like a weed! Literally, I could not be more proud of her or more excited for what is to come!"

"I want to teach her 1 thing! JOY in the WORK! ♥
She has such a great desire to be here, and I know she will do whatever it takes to stick it out. No matter how hard it gets.
 --HEY she's already doing a whole lot better than I was at the beginning of my mission. (: It's been cool that she's made so much progress! (: 
It's a little different training someone who doesn't speak the language already. I didn't realize just how much of an obstacle it is.. I also feel really bad for my trainer! haha I had it even worse than Sr. Cordon does.
At least I speak English. (:
My goal is to keep her here until the end of the transfer. (:
I think God and I will succeed in that goal." (: 

"anywho.. I love her. I love training. I love being a missionary."

"Our sector is short on Ami's. We have plans this week to visit inactives and to ask for more references from people. We're at about 12 ami's that we try to see every week, if not more. Sr. Cordon and I hope to improve that in the days and weeks to come. I have also made personal goals along with our companionship goals to help improve the sector.
I DO NOT want to leave this place feeling like I could have done more! These people mean more to me than that."

Elder T (I can't pronounce OR spell his name properly..) Always fixes our (I mean MY) bikes! (: hahah he's a great guy! *ElderTetuaearo*
"​Because why not?"

​"Sr Wright, Sr Hoparau, Sr Cordon, et Sr Siri! ♥
(These are the sisters that I live with!)"


"Who would have thought that mudding would be a thing,
even in Tahiti?!?!" 


"​My sweet new companion! Sr Savanna Cordon from North Carolina!​"



"Also, Shrimp look a whole lot more alive here in Tahiti.. (:
HA! But I LOVE those things!! (:"






No comments:

Post a Comment