Sunday, July 8, 2018

JULY 2, 2018

BEST  WEEK OF THE MISSION!


My week went SUPER! 
It was an AWESOME semaine in the secteur of Manotahi! I'd say it was one of the best weeks of my mission! Nothing special happened as most of our amis are gone or doing other things, but I was genuinly happy in the work. (:  I think the reason it was so great was the fact that despite all of the obstacles we (my companion and I) chose to be happy! 
I know for weeks I've been praying to see the "fruits of my labors" and this week I feel like I truly did, but not in the way I was expecting. When Sr Cordon got here, I made a goal to do everything in my efforts to help her find "Joy in the work!" I truly felt it this week, and it is evident that she does love being a missionary! 

On that note, we did our best to go on splits this week and are doing the best we can with the amis that are here and keeping in contact with them. I love being Sr Cordon's companion and I love this secteur!



We watched a Tahitian mamie make a shell necklace. She got about 1/4 of the way done when I told her we were going to go and she started going off on me in Tahitian. --WHAT?!? I got really nervous and she finally told me in her best, broken French that the necklaces were for us and we weren't allowed to leave yet. --Crazy lady. I love her! She's super sweet. (: 




Sr Cordon and I have become the "World's best Gateau Banane" makers! (: YES, It's SO GOOD! One of the elders was sick, and when we asked what we could do, they said they wanted banana cake. (: --OKAY! We got right on it. 



Don't even try telling me that I can't put this out fit combination together. haha (: I really wanted to wear this shirt that day, but didn't want to wear any of the skirts that match it, so I just grabbed the one that's the most comfortable. No one here knows the difference. But, I know I'll be home soon and it's clear that I'm going to need some help in the fashion department. 



Ever since coming to Tahiti, I've wanted to pick up the little Chicks and just hold them, however every time I've tried the mom chicken chases after me and I get too scared to do it. So with a little bit of help, I was abl to make this dream a reality! (: It was worth it. 




The Elders have turned into a bunch of "Cat ladies." -Every time they eat, they have more than 20 cats that come hunting them down for food!



A pirogue! This is "The Sport" here in Tahiti!



Try and guess which corner of this bathroom counter is mine. --I will hint and say, "YES, each sister only has 1 corner." 

 

 I will try my best again this week, and every week. It's scary to think I don't have many more left as a missionary, but I'm going to take this commitment with me even after the mission! Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment