Sunday, July 29, 2018

JULY 23, 2018

I'M STILL DREAMING!

I'm literally Dreaming. In case you were wondering. 

You may not know but ever since my first transfer in Tahiti with my Tahitian companion I've wanted a French companion that doesnt speak English so that I can be completely immerged in the language, 

my Sweeeeet Sweeet companion Sr Sanderre et MOI!

ALSO -- the ward truly tries to work with us and our amis! This secteur is a dream  (not only in the sense of being at Moorea) but my companion has that desire to work hard and be efficient. She is a great teacher and I feel like I'm learning from her every day! We get along just wonderfully and every day we find ourselves lauging and being happy. 
Even 2 flat tires and rainded out lessons can't get us down! 

Honestly, the last week before transfers, I really took to heart our missionary theme: 
"Dans notre mission, nous aidons les enfants de Dieu a trouver de la JOIE en allant au Christ," 
(In our mission, we help the children of God find JOY by coming unto Christ.)
because I didn't feel like I had much more joy left for the work. I know that Christ makes me happy, and He gives  me that joy, but it seemed to be a little lost. 
With this last week in PaoPao, I feel like with this new start: 
   -it's the first ward I've been in where the leaders truly work with us 
   -I have a WONDERFULY sweet companion who is full of life!


   -I feel like we're an equipe (team). -It's the first time in a while. We're pushing eachother to do better.
   -I can share that joy with others because I feel it in myself.

We have lots of work to be done here in the secteur of PaoPao! When I got here and saw that nearly all of our amis are in concubinage, I didn't hesitate to call President Nauta! He will be coming to Moorea on Tuesday (tomorrow) to visit our amis with us! I pray this will help them in their couples. 



Don't worry too much -- I've got plenty of a desire to go out with a BANG! I am still tired as ever, but now loving it more than ever. (: 

As you know, I am currently driving a manuel and this week I killed it so many times. --Granted, it's been a while since I've driven anyway, plus, I've never really had a manuel car for myslef. We were going up a very steep hill in the mountains, on a rocky trail in our little toyota avenza. I was in second gear when all of a sudden my companion tells me that I need to put it into first. I started panicking. I tried changing gears but was afraid of rolling down the hill. It grinded the gears and I ended up stopping, but when I put it into first we just started rolling down the hill backwards. Ahhhhh, and quickly. Luckily, my eyes watered, but I didn't even cry. --I'm far too happy to cry. hahah but hey, at least I have a story to tell. 

We share a car with the elders, but when it's me driving we put little Dresses on the Legos to show that we're sisters. (:

On another note, I got TWO flat tires this week. One last Sunday, and one yesterday. We were in the mountain (on bike) and going down road very rapidly. We were pretending to race, and having the time of our lives when all of us sudden it became really really hard to pedal. I stopped for a moment to see that I had a flat tire and it ended up taking an hour to get home when normally it's a 30 minute bike ride. haha (: ahhhh, But hey, I LOVE it here!

Our house (There are 2 of us, with 3 bedrooms, I even have my own bathroom..)

Here's a picture of our chapel! 


A bit of a personal study on the Beach?!? Why not!?


Last few days in Tahiti.


My Sweeeet sweet family! -- The Teuru's. I've told you about them before and how I've felt so much love for them. They have definitely helped form my mission. 



No comments:

Post a Comment